The NX is now the Nintendo switch. It came with an incredible concept video and great news on hardware and software. So far, we know general hardware concepts for the Nintendo Switch:
- It’s primarily a handheld console
- It has a dock that connects it to your TV for an instant “Switch”
- It has custom Nvidia hardware
- It is more powerful than the Wii U
- It uses high capacity cartridges
- It has detachable controllers built-in called “JoyCons”
- The screen is slightly larger than the Wii U Gamepad
- It has a much higher resolution than the Wii U Gamepad
- A “Pro” controller is an option
- A dock-like controller is available for the JoyCons to be combined into a pro-like controller
- Nintendo is clearly targeting a young adult demographic
And that’s pretty much it. No hardware details. But we did learn about a few games that are confirmed to be on the Nintendo Switch, if not the times they will be released:
- A New Mario Game
- A Port of Splatoon
- A Port of Mario Kart 8
- The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim – Special Edition
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
- Seasons of Heaven
And rumors galore. Nintendo has confirmed the support of quite a few big-hitting developers, but as we saw with the Wii U and EA, votes of support don’t mean much materially.
Be prepared though, we are already close to the full reveal of the Nintendo Switch which is due January 12th at 10PM EST. Nintendo will evidently be broadcasting it from Japan.
Are you excited about the Nintendo Switch? Do you think it’ll be a hit? Comment below!
Site Admin for Flawless Gamer. Nintendo fan since the NES.